Game Hen with Roasted Marble Potatoes
- 1Guinea Hen have butcher quarter
- 1 pound marble potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- Canola oil for cooking
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped.
METHOD: Preheat oven to 450F. Season hen by rubbing butter and salt and pepper. Place hens on sheet tray cook at 450 for 12-15 minutes until cooked through
- In a thick bottom sauce pan place potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil add salt to taste cook 5-7 minutes until potatoes are fork soft. Strain potatoes until dry.
- Quarter mushroom caps, toss in a reactive free bowl with olive oil salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a sheet tray. Cook at 450F 5-7 minutes until visibly cartelized and roasted.
METHOD: In a sauté pan cover the bottom with extra virgin olive oil and a little butter. Add sliced garlic, when it begins to brown add potatoes and sauté until visibly caramelized 2-3 minutes. Place mushrooms and potatoes in a non reactive bowl, toss to combine with parsley. Place in center of platter. Place hen on top. Serve.